By Jeanette Maynes
The evening was attended by 120 Latin dance enthusiasts and those who were curious to learn as to what Salsa dance is all about. The bling, sequins and sparkles were on show as the crowd was dressed in their finest! Table clothes were out and the room precisely planned for maximum mingling, social interaction and dance floor participation.
The night commenced with a delicious buffet dinner and an exciting dance performance from the Maryborough Latin and Alternative Dance Club. The 16 performers did an amazing routine, keeping in time with their fun Latin movements and thoroughly showcased the skills learnt from their experienced teachers Lupita and Desiree.
After dinner international dance instructor Rico from Rico’s Salsa Club started a dance lesson and the dance floor was instantly packed with all aspiring to perfect the moves and keep in time. Fraser Coast Mayor Mick Kruger was a quick learner and has no problems mastering the moves along with the many others who braved the dance floor!
The Mayor then officially opened the Salsa Group and the 1st Salsa Party presenting a plaque and commenting on how much fun it is to have a different social option on the Fraser Coast.
Lilly and John who won the FREE tickets given away in The Independent Newspaper commented on what a wonderful time they had and were also spotted on the dance floor. They were visiting Hervey Bay from Boort in Victoria and it was their 28th anniversary on the night!
Rico kept everyone partying well up to midnight! I’m sure the Maryborough dance ladies would have danced till dawn if Rico didn’t stop the music! These ladies are dancing machines and demonstrated what Salsa Parties are all about – FUN, SOCIALISING and DANCING!!!!
I can’t wait to see everyone again at the next Salsa Party!
Please feel free to email me with any positive or negative feedback from the night or for the next party… firstname.lastname@example.org
To see more images please click here or go to the gallery.
A Big thank you to:
1. To all who attended, without your support the night would not have been such a success and so much FUN!
2. Rico’s Salsa Club for the fantastic music, dance lessons and entertainment on the night. Thank you so much Rico!
3. The Deck Restaurant for a superb venue, delicious buffet, sensational service and room presentation. Especially Nada and Dom plus all the members of their professional team!
4. The Independent Newspaper for their editorial support of the community event. Thank you Ben!
5. Mantra Hervey Bay for the donation of rooms and discount offered to those attending the Salsa Party. Thank you Nicole!
6. The Maryborough Latin and Alternative Dance Club for their professional performance and the atmosphere they created throughout the night. Thank you Lupita, Anna, Desiree and the team!
7. Mick Kruger the Fraser Coast Mayor for your attendance and support! Thanks heaps Mick!
9. Naomi Wood for her professional PR work leading up to the event and especially on the night. Thanks Naomi!